Friday, February 22, 2008

Stuff coming up!

Well, I just found out today that I have an additional talk coming up for the Washtenaw Community College Digitizers Camera Club.  The president, Hosain Mosavat, wants me to do a 20 minute talk on the Adobe Lightroom Develop module in addition to my talk about printing.  I really love Lightroom, because it takes care of a whole lot of my needs, but at this point, for a really critical print and when I'm using some of that expensive paper, I really have to print from Photoshop.  For example, the new Epson Exhibition Fiber paper, costs something like $8.00USD per sheet for 17x22.   You can be darn sure that I want to send the printer a good image.  Some of the other expensive media that I've used is the Epson Premier Art Water Resistant Canvas.  It's fantastic media, but at roughly $3.50 USD per foot, I want to send the printer a good image and don't want to be sending too many test prints on the final media.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Sam,

thank you for the excellent presentations on Lightroom and on printing from CS 3 on March 11 at the Digitizers. I learned a lot and appreciate that you bring the important points across to us very clearly.

Dietmar Haenchen